Earlier this week we noticed that users were receiving some strange emails from our CRM online. These emails were from a workflow notification that we have sent out when a case is created, but the link included in the email was not a valid record in our CRM environment.
In tracing where the problem started, I determined that it corresponded with when we had done our most recent refresh of our sandbox organization. We did the full copy option in the office 365 administrator console. What I forgot was that when you restore or copy an organization, the email server profiles that you have in your production environment will be active in the copied organization.
What this means is that after you restore the organization, the server synchronization will kick in on the copied organization. This can lead to many different issues.
So the lesson learned is be sure you disable your email server profiles in CRM before copying and organization.