If you are facing the login window appearing in the Excel sheet after creating a dynamic Excel export from an IFD-enabled CRM organization, then there’s still a way to get the data into the Excel sheet:
- Export the Dynamic Worksheets (or Pivot Tables) from Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Open the Dynamic Worksheets with Excel.
- Excel will display the ADFS sign in page or a Script is disabled error in the worksheet.
- Click on Data tab.
- Click on Connections.
- Within Workbook Connections click on Properties.
- Within Connection Properties click on tab Definition.
- Click on button Edit Query.
- This will redirect to ADFS login, enter in the user’s credentials and click on Sign In.
- YOU WILL GET AN ERROR, THIS IS OK! So, click on OK.
- Within Edit Web Query, click on Cancel.
- Within Connection Properties, click on Cancel.
- Within Workbook Connections, click on Close.
- Within Excel go to the Data tab
- Click on Refresh All.
Cheers!This tip is brought to you by Ronald “I’ll be back” Lemmen.
Tipp Jarr’s Double Dipp
To my astonishment, these instructions do work! The painful part is the need to repeat the process every time worksheet is opened but this is infinitely better than no exported data at all!