I guess it was only the matter of time until Unified Interface started to take over. And so it begins with the changes coming to the trial experience that will let the customers experience and evaluate their workloads purely on Unified Interface.
Summary of experience enhancements are as follows. For more details, please refer to the original blog article.
- Users will now land on the app selection page when they sign in instead of the legacy web client application and this page will showcase applicable app modules to the user.
- When creating a new app module, you will only have the option to do so based on the Unified Interface. You will no longer be able to create new app module based on legacy experience.
- If you have an existing legacy web app module, you will be able to run, edit and convert it to Unified Interface. Note: App modules converted to Unified Interface cannot be rolled back to the legacy web client experience.
- The “Dynamics 365 – Custom” app that provided access to the full legacy web client sitemap will no longer be available to users or admins. The runtime will only be available through app experiences.
- Admin sitemap and experience is still exposed in the legacy web client and can be accessed from the gear icon on the apps selection page or from within an app module by clicking on Advanced Settings. This will open another browser tab and direct you to the settings page.
These changes will be available in all regions in the next 2-3 weeks. Please note that this will not impact any existing customers.