Sometimes Dynamics 365 plays a cruel déjà vu game.
I swear I was able to do that just last week
and Dynamics 365 like:
Since version 22.214.171.124 Dynamics 365 Online refuses to allow setting up or clearing optionset values in the workflow editor. Yes, you can set it to a fixed value but not to a value from another compatible optionset. In fact, it’s not possible to select an optionset field at all. Note that existing workflows are not affected until you remove the value (crafted previously) from the optionset.
The team is aware of the problem and fix is in the pipeline. Until the fix arrives, the workaround is quite straightforward:
- Create blank solution; create a publisher in the process if you don’t have one (why not?).
- Add the workflow you need to fix to this solution. Keep it draft, no need to activate. If you use custom entities or attributes, add those too.
- Export the solution. No need to publish anything. You may need to use 8.1 or earlier version during the export (see next step).
- Import solution to either Dynamics 365 On-premises or to an online organization Dynamics CRM 2016 Update 1 or earlier (use sandbox reset feature to get specific version going).
- Set your optionsets as you see fit.
- Save the workflow, export the solution, import it back to Dynamics 365 Online.
Optionsets should be good now (but don’t touch them!).