Derek “clients call him ‘The Guru'” Hughes has been our follower for some time and today he returns the favor with some interest because his tip is hot.
It took Derek and us by a very pleasant surprise when we could see the new option in CRM Online admin center:
Documentation is absent but here is what we’ve been able to establish so far after scooping our jaws off the floor:
- You need to have a CRM administrator role in O365 to see the options
- There is a daily system backup and it’s retained for three days
- You can perform what seems to be an unlimited number of manual backups that will be retained for three days
- Your manual backups will count against your storage limits
- Restore can only be performed into a sandbox instance. If you need to restore production, you need to either set it to the sandbox mode, restore then flip it back to production
- The instance remains available while being backed up but is unavailable during the restore
So far we can confirm that this option is available in US (crm), Europe (crm4), APAC (crm5) and Oceania (crm6) datacenters – most likely it’s been rolled out worldwide by now. Here is what the backup screen looks like:
I have no idea what is implied by “Some backups may not be restorable”, let’s hope that all the manual ones can be.