If you have or are a multinational customer with the user base spread around the globe, CRM Online offers multiregional instances. It means you can keep your local data in the regional datacenter for performance, regulatory and corporate governance reasons.
Your tenant needs to be enabled for multi-region deployment and you need to request this feature by contacting your account manager or technical support.
The detailed description and step by step instructions are available but these are the key points:
- Multi-regional deployments are not the same as multi-tenant deployments. In the latter, tenants are completely autonomous and, beside billing, do not share anything including user accounts.
- Region is selected when a purchased instance is configured for the first time.
- You will only see Your current region is: drop-down list if you have instances outside of your current region.
- Edit, Copy and Reset operations only work within a region, i.e. it is not possible to copy database between regions.
- Databases in different regions are completely independent. They will share your O365 Active Directory for authentication but otherwise are not linked in any way.
So mate can they share the same users, as they are in the same Office 365 tenant?
Yes, that is how it works. You can manage access to organizations using groups – that should work well.