Product bundles is a feature that was added in Dynamics CRM 2015. Bundles addressed some of the major limitations of the old “kit” feature. It allows you to create product bundles that combine multiple products with various quantities, allowing users to add configured bundles to quotes, opportunities, and orders.
The biggest improvement over the old kit feature is that when a user adds a bundle to a quote, opportunity, or order, you can actually see all the products in the bundle, rather than just seeing the bundle. Users can then remove optional products from the bundle, if they don’t apply.
Scott “Ribbon Workbench” Durow adds a few limitations to consider when using this feature:
- You can’t search on dynamic product properties through advanced find, but you can use FetchXml.
- There isn’t any way of making the price dependant on the product properties –but you can create a custom pricing component that does this which works really well.
- Once you have created a bundle – you can’t add/remove bundle items.
- Moving the product catalogue between orgs needs to be done using the Configuration Migration tool – it’s good at importing new products, but not at updating existing ones.
- You can’t import dynamic property values using the import utility.