If you implement Microsoft Dynamics Marketing, Microsoft documents the process of installing the MDM connector. However, should you ever need to remove the connector, the instructions are not as clear.
At a high level, the process of uninstalling the connector is:
- Be sure the connector queues are drained. Verify in Azure management portal that there are no message in the Queue. Either don’t make any updates in CRM / MDM or disable the CRM service bus endpoint, if your CRM environment is life.
- In MDM Service Settings, clean the configuration via the trash can button.
- Disable the connector in MDM
- Remove the Solution in CRM
- Remove the Service Bus components in Azure
Be aware that after you remove the solution in CRM, there will be some additional artifacts that you will want to be sure you remove. This includes the service endpoint and 19 SDK Message Processing steps that you will want to delete either through the Customization menu or via the Plugin Registration tool. This will prevent system jobs from firing messages to Azure that won’t be received.