Need to reference a fixed record, for example, Accounts Payables, or SARS-CoV-2? Challenge with fixed records is that we have no idea what the record identifier is, how to reliably search for the record and how to pass it as a parameter between environments.
Why not to use a fixed guid and create that entity when needed?
- Goto https://www.guidgenerator.com/ or any other guid generator of your choice.
- Generate a new guid. Don’t worry about duplicate detection. You have not seen that guid before, trust me.
- Get the record you’re after using that guid
- restrict the attributes to what you need; if checking for the record presence and nothing else, put in just the primary key entitynameid.
- Create that record if failed
- configure create action to run on fail
- set record id to that guid you’ve created earlier
- Now you can safely use the reference in lookups etc.
Something like this: