In a recent virtual conversation with Steve Mordue, Steve inquired about using the new Unified Interface email editor to create email templates.
While Microsoft has not (yet) gotten around to adding the template creation process to unified interface, there is at least one approach you can take to design your templates in the new email editor.
- Create an email in Unified Interface
- Add your fancy schmancy formatting
- CTRL+a and CTRL+c to select all of the contents of the email body/description.
- Create a new email template in the Advanced Settings area.
- Select the template body field and CTRL+v to paste the contents.
This will maintain most of the formatting, including images. You can then add in your template specific merge fields.