When deploying model-driven apps, there are multiple potential points of failure that can affect users’ ability to access part or all of the app. The following is a non-exhaustive list of some of the more common areas to check if the user can’t see the app or access certain parts of it:
- User is missing model-driven app privilege in security role
- User’s security role is not granted access to the app
- User’s security role or licence doesn’t give them access to some entities or records in the app.
- User’s role doesn’t have access to forms in the app
- User’s role doesn’t have access to dashboards in the app
- User’s role doesn’t have access to business process flows in the app
Lesson learned: building an app is (fairly) easy but due diligence must be taken to ensure that the user’s of the app have appropriate privileges at multiple levels of components.